Amex SimplyCashPlus Bonus Offer – $500
American Express has increased the offer on their SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card. Let’s take a look at the offer, the card and whether or not it is worth applying for.
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card Membership. Expires 1/25/2017.
- No annual fee
- 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers. Capped at $50K in spend per year.
- 3% cash back on the category of your choice from a list of eight. (Airfare, hotels, car rentals, gas, advertising, U.S. restaurants, U.S. shipping or U.S. computer hardware. Capped at $50K in spend per year.
- 1% cash back everywhere else
- Amex Offers
- OPEN Savings
First off, $500 is about as good as you are ever going to get for a sign-up bonus on a no annual fee card. With that said, American Express wants you to spend big and thus you have to do a total of $15K in spend in order to get the bonus. Considering the card does have 5% and 3% categories, I know many people will be able to meet that requirement, especially given you have a year to do it.
I think this card has a tremendous amount of value. It has Amex Offers and thus can generate cashback that way, doesn’t show on your credit since it is a business account which can help with Chase 5/24 and it earns 5% back at office supply stores which is a very lucrative category when gift cards go on sale. (Like this week at Office Depot.)
In my opinion the bottom line is that this offer is good for someone who absolutely knows they can meet the spend. It is also good for people who don’t have a Chase Ink since it allows you to benefit from 5% back at office supply stores. Keep in mind that the normal bonus offer has been $250, so if you fall short of the $15K and only make it to $5K in spend, you are basically getting the normal deal.
This isn’t the deal of the century, but if you are looking for a solid no annual fee business card from American Express with great bonus categories, access to Amex Offers and a big sign-up bonus, then this offer may be worth considering.