Chase Launches New Slate Edge Card
Chase has launched a new newest credit card, the Chase Slate Edge. This new product is created for consumers who are looking build up their credit score or pay off credit card debt they already have. It is not a very exciting product for those looking to maximize rewards.
The card has a $100 bonus, a 0% introductory APR offer and no annual fee. It also gives cardholders the change to increase their credit limit within six months and lower the variable APR after the promotional period.
- Receive a $100 bonus on your statement when you spend $500 in your first six months from account opening.
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers. A variable APR applies after that.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Get an automatic, one-time review for a higher credit limit when you pay on time, and spend $500 in your first six months.
- LEARN MORE
This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
Lower Your Rate
Chase Slate Edge cardholders will automatically be considered for an APR reduction by 2% when they pay on time, and spend at least $1,000 on your card by your next account anniversary, until your APR reaches the Prime Rate plus 9.74% (currently 12.99% variable APR based on the Prime Rate of 3.25% as of 2/4/2021).
Other Card Highlights
- Purchase Protection – Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Extended Warranty Protection – Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Zero Liability Protection – Rest easy knowing you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Coverage is provided for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad. In the U.S., coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.
- My Chase Plan – Chase Slate Edge customers to make equal monthly payments on purchases of $100 or more – with no interest, just a fixed monthly fee.
The new Chase Slate Edge card replaces the old Slate card which has not been available for over a year now. This is not an exciting new release, but it could be a good product for those who have no credit history, or are trying to build it up.
The card has no annual fee, and a $100 bonus. It also encourages on-time payments with the promise or a lower APR. You also get a one-time review for a higher credit limit when you spend $500 within six months. That’s important for customers who might be approved with a very low limit at first.