30 New Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the Americas
Hyatt Hotels is planning to grow its luxury and lifestyle brand footprint with a strong development pipeline of more than 30 planned hotels and resorts in the Americas region through 2025.
Over the last five years, globally, Hyatt has doubled its number of luxury rooms, tripled the number of resort rooms, and quadrupled the number of lifestyle rooms.
Just recently Hyatt completed acquisition of Mr & Mrs Smith, a global travel platform that provides direct booking access to a carefully curated and growing collection of global boutique and luxury properties. It also completed the acquisition of Dream Hotel Group in early 2023, adding a vibrant portfolio of lifestyle hotel brands including Dream Hotels, The Chatwal, The Time New York and Unscripted Hotels.
Newly Announced Luxury & Lifestyle Properties
Hyatt continues to thoughtfully expand its luxury and lifestyle brand footprint in key leisure markets that matter most to guests and World of Hyatt members with these newly announced hotel deals:
- Hyatt Centric Santo Domingo (2024) will be the first Hyatt Centric hotel in the Dominican Republic, located in Santo Domingo’s modern business district. With 130 guestrooms and suites, the lifestyle hotel will place guests at the heart of the action near prominent restaurants, shopping malls, art galleries and electric nightlife.
- Cas en Bas Beach Resort (2024) will be the first Destination by Hyatt branded resort and residences on Saint Lucia. Idyllically nestled between a championship golf course and Cas en Bas Bay with a spectacular sandy beach, amenities will include a pool, spa and wellness center, and a range of dining options, nightlife and events.
- Hyatt Centric Querétaro (2025) will be located in downtown Querétaro, a city in central Mexico (northwest of Mexico City), known for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture. The hotel will feature 105 modern guestrooms, a rooftop pool, multiple dining concepts, and a rooftop bar with expansive views of the city.
- The Thompson Hotels brand will soon be debuting new properties in top leisure locations across the United States and Mexico, including:
- Thompson Houston (2023) will feature 172 guestrooms including 34 suites, all boasting floor-to-ceiling windows with unobstructed views of downtown Houston and Buffalo Bayou Park, more than 17,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor and outdoor event space, three swanky restaurants with distinct culinary concepts, a private heli-port, a full-service sanctuary spa and wellness center devoted to full body restoration, a 1-acre rooftop and an expansive pool deck.
- Thompson Palm Springs (2024) is poised to become the desert’s most exciting destination tailored for influential locals and sophisticated globetrotters alike. Offering a collection of 168 bungalow-inspired guestrooms and suites with private balconies to capture breathtaking views of the ethereal Palm Springs desert, the highly anticipated destination will also introduce a spirited Levantine Mediterranean dining concept, full-service spa, two rooftop pools, exciting new retail, dynamic event space and more.
- Thompson South Beach (2024) will mark the Thompson Hotels brand entry into Florida comprised of 150 guestrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, a rooftop pool, bar and restaurant, and a ground floor restaurant and retail space. The hotel, designed by French architect Rudy Ricciotti, will be adjacent to the Frank Gehry-designed New World Center and the newly reimagined Miami Beach Convention Center.
- Thompson Monterrey (2025) will be the first urban Thompson Hotels property in Mexico. This 150-room lifestyle hotel will be located within a 31-floor tower amid a mixed-use complex, creating a sought-after hub with sophisticated dining and a rooftop bar.
- Caption By Hyatt Chattanooga Downtown (2024) will join Caption by Hyatt Beale Street Memphis to grow the Caption by Hyatt brand presence in the state of Tennessee, delivering an upscale, select-service lifestyle hospitality experience.
- Hyatt Centric Escazu San Jose (2024) will be the Hyatt Centric brand’s first hotel in Costa Rica and offer 161 modern guestrooms and suites, an all-day dining restaurant, full-service bar, and 4,000 sq. ft. of event space.
- Andaz Toronto-Yorkville (2025) will be the second Andaz hotel in Canada, joining Andaz Ottawa Byward Market. The luxury hotel will be located within The One, a luxury mixed-use tower that is poised to be the tallest building in Canada. The hotel will offer 138 guestrooms and suites, 6,800 sq. ft. of event space, a spa and several food and beverage experiences.
- Andaz Miami Beach (2025) will mark the first Andaz hotel in Florida, as a rebrand from The Confidante, Miami Beach. With three towers overlooking Miami Beach, the hotel will include a redesigned lobby, pool and recreation area, reinvented food and beverage experiences, a full-service spa, upgraded event spaces, as well as modernized guestrooms with an expanded mix of suites.
- Andaz Turks & Caicos at Grace Bay (2025) will be the first Hyatt hotel in Turks & Caicos and feature 59-keys and 73 residential units with breathtaking views of Grace Bay Beach, three restaurants and bars, a full service indoor and outdoor spa, a yoga studio, state-of-the-art indoor fitness facility and Pickleball courts.
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos at Cabo del Sol (2024) is slated to be the first Park Hyatt hotel in Mexico and will be a master-planned golf resort stretching along two miles of pristine beach. Located 20 minutes from downtown Cabo San Lucas, within the exclusive community of Cabo del Sol and overlooking the Sea of Cortez, the luxury resort will boast 163 ocean-view guestrooms and suites, 19 villas and residences, stunning pools, a world-class golf course, a full-service spa, fitness and wellness center, plus 35,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meetings and events space. Unique culinary experiences include a Mediterranean-inspired signature restaurant, a Mexican restaurant, a Beach Club and poolside cabana service.
- Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort & Spa (2024) will mark the Grand Hyatt brand’s debut in Arizona, when it is rebranded from Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch. The hotel will offer a reimagined vibrant, bold and elevated experience for guests. The iconic resort will undergo extensive renovations and enhancements of its guestrooms, pools, food and beverage experiences, its beloved Spa Avania and fitness center, public areas and amenities, including the expansion of the hotel’s indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces.
- Park Hyatt Mexico City (2025) will feature 155 guestrooms and will be located on the upscale Campos Eliseos Street overlooking Mexico City’s iconic Chapultepec Park.
- Grand Hyatt Cancún Beach Resort (2025) will sit on the eastern part of the Yucatán Peninsula and boast 500 guestrooms complemented by panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and Isla Mujeres. The resort will also feature 11 dining experiences, six bars, an indoor and outdoor destination spa and fitness center, and over 16,000 sq. ft. of gathering space.
- Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman Hotel & Residences (2025) will be located on a premium 7.1-acre site of famed Seven Mile Beach, less than one mile from the center of Grand Cayman’s capital city, George Town. With 351 guestrooms, the hotel will celebrate the diverse ecology of Grand Cayman and offer six food and beverage venues, a 9,000-square-foot destination spa and fitness center, three swimming pools and 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting and event space, which is expected to be the largest function space in the Cayman Islands.
Inclusive Collection, part of World of Hyatt
- Secrets St. Lucia Resort & Spa (2024) will be the first Secrets Resort & Spa property on St. Lucia, providing guests with access to an unspoiled white-sand beach located just minutes from the capital city of Castries. The property will be comprised of 342 guestrooms and suites, five dining choices, five bars and lounges, and a world-class Secrets Spa by Pevonia®.
- Upcoming Inclusive Collection properties opening in Mexico and the Caribbean: adults-only, luxury all-inclusive resorts including Secrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club, Secrets Playa Blanca Costa Mujeres and Secrets Playa Esmerelda in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; family-friendly Dreams Estrella Del Mar Mazatlan Golf & Spa Resort, Dreams Grand Island in Cancun, and Dreams Playa Esmerelda in Punta Cana; and the debut of the Hyatt Vivid Hotels & Resorts brand with Hyatt Vivid Grand Island in Cancun.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.