50K Welcome Offer for Chase United Explorer Card
Chase has reduced the offer for the United Explorer credit card to 50,000 miles. You need to spend a total of $3,000 within three months to earn the welcome offer, but the card has a negative cost during the first year. Let’s look at the details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Learn More
- Each year, earn up to 1,000 Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) to help with progress toward United status — 500 PQP for each $12,000 spent on the card annually, maximum of 1,000 PQPs
- Earn two miles for each $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
- Earn two miles for each $1 spent on dining (including delivery services) and hotel stays
- Earn one mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck Fee Credit
- 25% back on United Inflight Wi-Fi, food and drinks
- Free first checked bag when you use the card to purchase a United flight ticket
- Priority boarding
- No foreign transaction fees
- Two one-time-use United Club passes each year
- Learn More
This is the standard welcome offer from this card, but the earning rate has improved recently. Plus, the card has no fee during the first year. Between that and the perks available, this is a positive net value during the first 12 months.
Keep in mind that the Chase 5/24 rule does apply here, so not many people will be eligible to apply. But if you are under 5 cards in the last 24 months, then it could be a good opportunity to earn United MileagePlus miles plus gain access to some perks while flying United.