Adventures by Disney Adriatic Sea Expedition Cruise Announced
Disney has announced a new one-of-a-kind adventure along the Adriatic coastline in Europe. In 2024, guests will set sail on the Adventures by Disney expedition cruise along the picturesque Adriatic Sea, a famed waterway filled with captivating history, exquisite cuisine and breathtaking views.
The eight-day, seven-night round-trip sailing from Venice, Italy, will visit seven ports in Croatia and Montenegro before returning to the Floating City. The chartered Adventures by Disney expedition voyage is planned for two sailings in 2024 (departures set for June 25 and July 2).
Bookings open to the public on Oct. 27. More details on Adventures by Disney expedition cruises, including the full lineup of itineraries in 2024, can be found on the Expedition Cruising with Disney page of AdventuresByDisney.com.
Setting Sail on the Adriatic Sea with Adventures by Disney
Families will experience expedition cruising on the luxuriously appointed PONANT ship Le Bougainville, a small, purpose-built intimate ship, specially designed to access remote locations. The ship will sail along the beautiful Adriatic Sea coastline, where guests will be immersed in the culture and stories of the region.
Each day will offer new adventures and exciting excursions curated by the travel experts at Disney, including:
- Discovering the islands adorning the Adriatic coast with stops at Korcula to taste the famed Mali Ston oysters or Hvar to kayak along the Pakleni Islands.
- Enjoying delicious food, Croatian wine, captivating architecture and culture unique to the region.
- Biking through vineyards and lavender fields of the UNESCO Stari Grad Plain (also known as Hora or Ager).
- Tasting local delicacies such as Dalmatian Prosciutto, aged by the bura, a northerly-blowing wind common in the winter months.
- Exploring picturesque Boka Bay in Montenegro by catamaran or strolling the cobbled streets of Old Town Kotor.
- Wandering medieval Croatian port-towns awash in warm limestone and distinctive, red-tiled roofs, and visiting the world-famous Predjama Castle in Slovenia.
- Delving into the massive underground labyrinth at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave and discovering the “dragons” that call it home.
- Stepping back in time to learn about time-honored Croatian traditions including methods of pressing olive oil.
Up to six Adventure Guides will accompany guests on the Adriatic Expedition Cruise and will lead unique, themed activities both aboard and ashore.
On board, the fun will continue with themed karaoke nights, game/trivia nights, a talent show and Disney movies. Adults-only activities include cocktail workshops and fitness classes. Junior Adventurers (adventurers 12 years and younger) have their own set of special programming led by the Adventure Guides, such as a “Pirates of the Adriatic” swim party, a pizza party, a Dalmatian Dash scavenger hunt, navigation lessons and more.
All Adventures by Disney vacations are designed to appeal to the interests and needs of the entire family, allowing parents, grandparents and Junior Adventurers to discover the world together. From hassle-free travel, to engaging storytelling, to magical moments sprinkled throughout the vacation, all adventures are designed to give families the chance to focus on what matters — enjoying time together as they experience the magic of the world.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.