Earn Up to 8,500 Miles with Shopping Bonuses from Southwest & United
Shopping portals are a great way to earn miles and points without actually flying. Right now, Southwest and United Airlines are offering bonuses that can earn you extra miles on top of the regular earning for your online shopping. You can earn as much as 3,500 Southwest bonus points and 5,000 United bonus miles. Let’s see the details for each offer.
United MileagePlus® Shopping Mall
During the “Holiday Bonus” offer, which runs from 11/2/20 through 11/22/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET, members will earn a one-time bonus of up to 5,000 MileagePlus® bonus award miles on qualifying purchases made through the MileagePlus® Shopping mall or from purchases made through MileagePlus® Shopping in-store offers.
This one-time bonus award will be based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period using one of the following tiers:
- Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $100;
- Tier 2 bonus: 2,500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $500; or
- Tier 3 bonus: 5,000 miles for qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more.
Rapid Rewards Shopping
During the “Holiday Bonus” offer, which runs from November 2, 2020 through November 22, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET, Rapid Rewards Shopping® members will earn a one-time bonus of up to 3,500 Rapid Rewards® bonus points on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard points earned from shopping online through Rapid Rewards Shopping.
This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period:
- Tier 1 bonus: earn 500 bonus points for qualifying purchases of $100 – $499.99;
- Tier 2 bonus: earn 1,000 bonus points for qualifying purchases of $500 – $999.99; or
- Tier 3 bonus: earn 3,500 bonus points for qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more.
We see similar bonuses every few month, and this time around they are better than usual. You can earn up to an extra 5X United miles and 3.5X Southwest points for your purchases. That should give you great earning rates on many merchants, but you should still compare to other cashback portals to make sure you are getting the best return.
HT: Doctor of Credit