Alaska Mileage Plan Members Save on Emirates Flights
I received an email from Alaska yesterday offering a discount on Emirates flights for Alaska Mileage plan members. It looks like Alaska and Emirates have partnered up to offer members who book through the Emirates website using the promo code, a variable discount. This is similar to the Emirates and Amex partnership offering good discounts on cash flights.
I’m not able to find an official promo page or flight restrictions, so unfortunately you’ll have to play around with flight searches to see what the code applies to. I was able to confirm that it works if you find an applicable route. Also, it seems odd that the discount is $250 and $500 on Biz flights, that may be a typo.
- Tickets must be purchased before December 31, 2018
- Use the promotional code USALSKA at checkout.
- The promotion offers savings of
- $50 in economy class
- $250 in business class and
- $500 in business class for each passenger who books using the promotional code
- The discount will be taken off the base fare only via emirates.com/us and does not apply to government taxes, fees, carrier charges and surcharges.
- The maximum number of passengers per booking using the code is nine.
If paying for flights is your thing and you were going to pay anyway you might as well save a little bit on the purchase. Make sure to maximize your credit card rewards. Use Amex Platinum that offers 5x MR on airfare, Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x UR on travel, or Citi Prestige for 5x TYP on airfare. See if you are targeted for the 100K Platinum welcome offer.