Save Up to 40% on Amazon When You Use Amex Points
Amazon has a promotion for American Express cardmembers that can get you up to a 40% discount. This is a new targeted promotion, and there are different versions of the offer. Let’s see how this promotion works, and some of the possible offers that you might see, if you are eligible.
Save $20 when you purchase $50 or more of eligible products on Amazon and use at least one Membership Rewards point as payment. Another version of the offer requires a purchase of $65 or more.
Here’s how it works:
- Link your Membership Rewards account if you haven’t already done so
- Go to promo page to see if you are eligible.
- Click on the button below to activate this promotion credit. Note that you will NOT receive the credit unless you click on this button.
- Add eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart (includes third party gift cards)
- Under “Choose a payment method,” select your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points (you can use just 1 MR point), then click “Use this payment method.”
- Savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion credit
- Offer valid through October 31, 2021 or when 2,083 customers have redeemed this promotional offer or while promotion last.
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
This is another great offer for savings at Amazon. Check the link to see if you qualify. You can use just 1 Membership Rewards point in order to get the discount and it also works on third party gift cards usually. Amazon gift cards are excluded.
Using American Express Membership Rewards points for Amazon purchases is normally a terrible idea. But this is a rare occasion when you should do it. Luckily you just need to use one point to get the discount.
Let us know if it works for you!
HT: Doctor of Credit