Priority Pass Reveals This Years Best Global Lounge
Priority Pass is a network or airport lounges, restaurants, and even gaming rooms, with over 1,200 locations in more than 500 cities globally, across 143 countries. You can read our guide on how to get a membership for free and how to make the most of it.
Airport lounges have been their main attraction for most part, and they provide a more enjoyable airport experience as you can relax, eat, drink and maybe take a shower or get a massage while you’re at it. But not all their lounges are the same, and if you want to experience the best they offer, you have to head to Ecuador. That’s where the best lounge is located, based on the ratings of 52,000 Priority Pass members for the best service, experience, refreshments and business facilities.
Best Airport Lounge 2019
This year’s global winner is the Sala VIP Internacional, operated by Corporación Quiport, at Quito International Airport in Ecuador. One of the main highlights of this lounge is the outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the city, providing a space that captures the light and color of Ecuador’s vibrant capital.
The lounge is fitted out with ample and distinguished locally sourced furnishings providing a luxurious and cultural feel. The lounge menu, designed by renowned local chef Andrés Miño, includes international and Ecuadorian cuisine, and guests can enjoy a variety of wines from the lounge’s private cellar, while watching Quito’s beautiful sunsets.
This modern and elegant lounge is open around the clock and features private working spaces, dedicated sleeping areas, a massage room, and showers for guests to refresh themselves before a long flight or during a layover.
- Regional Winner: Primeclass Riga Business Lounge, Terminal E, Riga International Airport, Latvia
- Highly Commended: Northern Lights Executive Lounge, Aberdeen International Airport, United Kingdom
Africa & Middle East:
- Regional Winner: Ahlan Lounge at B, Terminal 3, Concourse B, Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates
- Highly Commended: Marhaba Lounge, Terminal 3, Concourse A, Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates
- Regional Winner: Miracle First Class Lounge, International Concourse D, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand
- Highly Commended: SATS Premier Lounge, Terminal 3, Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore
- Regional Winner: Lounge 19, Terminal 1, Mexico City Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico
- Highly Commended: The Club MCO, Terminal B, Concourse 4, Orlando FL International Airport, United States
Latin America and The Caribbean:
- Highly Commended: Eldorado Lounge, Terminal 1, Bogota El Dorado International Airport, Colombia
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.