Chase IHG Premier’s New Welcome Offer – The Best It Has Ever Been
The Chase IHG Premier’s new welcome offer may turn some heads. It comes with the largest points bonus ever and a pretty interesting spending offer as well. This offer may have turned the Chase IHG Premier card into a winner, for some at least.
Details of the Offer
The details for the new and improved offer for the IHG Premier credit card are as follows:
- Earn 125,000 IHG Rewards points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months.
- Earn 25X at IHG hotels when paying with the card for the first 12 months (10x after that)
- $89 annual fee not waived
- $50 statement credit (only available with non affiliate links)
This card falls under Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Chase also has a 24 month rule for every credit card:
This product is not available to either current cardmembers of this credit card, or previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
You are able to hold both IHG products at the same time and their perks even stack!
The Chase IHG Premier credit card comes with the following earning structure:
- 25x at IHG hotels for 12 months then 10x after that
- 2x at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1x on everything else
- Earn 10x at IHG hotels (25x for the first 12 months)
- Earn 2x at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1x on everything else
- Free night annually at any hotel, capped at 40,000 points for the night
- Fourth night free when you redeem points for a stay of 4 or more nights
- IHG Platinum status
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 and make one additional purchase each cardmember year
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓ Application Fee Statement Credit
- Save 20% on points purchases
I am not a fan of IHG but I do keep one of their cards solely for the $49 anniversary night. However if you are a fan of IHG and have paid stays with them then this offer is probably as good as it will ever get.
25x earnings in the first year would make me consider paying cash for all of my hotel stays (unless it was an awesome redemption) to bank the points. If you value IHG points at around a half a cent each that is like getting 20% off all of your paid stays when including the 15X you earn with Platinum status. That is a huge discount! But it is also worrisome that IHG continues to devalue their program so I wouldn’t want to hold their points too long.
Be sure to use the non affiliate offer linked above that comes with the extra $50 in statement credit.