New Chase United Quest Card Coming Soon
Update 4/6/21: New details have come out on the card since it is now showing up via referral offers but people are not able to apply for it yet(HT Reddit). I assume that should be coming soon. I updated the info below in the post.
Just a few months ago, Chase revealed a new credit card product called the United Gateway Card. Now the lineup of United credit cards is expected to be refreshed again, with yet another offering.
The news comes from United Platinum Class Visa cardholders, who have been notified by Chase that their cards will soon be converted to a new product. The United Platinum Class Visa is a legacy card that is no longer available for new applications. But those who still have it, will be migrated to the United Quest Card on March 21, 2021.
This is the first time this card has been mentioned before. It is not available for applications, and it is not clear when, or if, that will be an option. But, thanks to the notices mailed out to United Platinum Class Visa cardholders, we have some information about this new card.
United Quest Card
- Welcome Offer: 80,000 United miles after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months.
- $250 Annual Fee
- 3x points per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other travel purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on select streaming and restaurant purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Other Perks
- Up to $125 in statement credits for United purchases charged to your card each anniversary year.
- Up to 10,000 miles back. Get 5,000 miles back for each award flight per year (up to two). Based on cardmember year, not calendar.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- Free first and second checked bag.
- Priority boarding and premier upgrades on award tickets.
- 25% statement credit on purchases made using the card onboard United operated flights
This is a card that will target the mid tier level or credit card offering with an annual fee of $250. The earning rates are nothing to rave about, with 3x points on United purchases and 2x points on all other travel purchases, select streaming and restaurant purchases.
The card does have some extra benefits that get close to offset the annual fee, such as $125 in statement credits for United purchases and up to 10,000 miles back on award flights. Then there’s the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit and free checked bags, priority boarding etc.
United Platinum Class Visa cardholders will be converted to this card on March 21, 2021, but we’ll have to wait to see when it will be available for everyone else. Hopefully it becomes available with a good welcome bonus as well.