JetBlue Revamps TrueBlue Program
JetBlue revealed today that a new TrueBlue loyalty program will launch early next year. It promises new perks and more choices for customers. The new program maintains most of TrueBlue’s signature perks while adding new features and opportunities to earn points and status.
“We’re rolling out a bigger, better, bluer TrueBlue program this spring that’s designed to meet the needs – and exceed the expectations – of more customers, whether they travel once a week, or just once in a while,” said Jayne O’Brien, head of marketing and loyalty, JetBlue. “No two travelers are alike, which is why we’ve redesigned TrueBlue to let customers customize their perks as they soar toward Mosaic status, choosing the ones that are most valuable to them along the way.”
One notable addition are Tiles, which become the new way to track and measure progress toward Mosaic status, plus new levels. Then there are customizable Perks You Pick, available to more TrueBlue members without Mosaic status There are also JetBlue credit card enhancements on select cards with new perks to cardholders.
Check out all the details below, and see what you might expect for the revamped program in 2023.
Perks You Pick for TrueBlue Members
Travelers can start earning and enjoying perks before earning Mosaic status. TrueBlue members can customize their experience with Perks You Pick, choosing their first perk with just 10 tiles, then add more perks when they reach 20, 30 and 40 tiles. For every 10 tiles TrueBlue members earn, until they reach 50, they will get to choose a new perk from the following:
- Early boarding.
- Get settled sooner with Group B boarding (excluding Blue Basic fares).
- Priority security.
- Access an expedited lane to security at dozens of airports where available.
- Alcoholic drink.
- First beer, wine or liquor is free each flight (21+).
- JetBlue Vacations® bonus.
- 2X points bonus on a JetBlue Vacations package (one-time use).(a)
- 5,000-point bonus.
- Boost your TrueBlue balance with 5,000 bonus points.
These perks will allow even occasional travelers to enjoy an elevated travel experience when flying on JetBlue. Once a customer earns 50 tiles, they reach Mosaic 1 status, receive all TrueBlue Perks You Pick and are set up to qualify for even more perks within new Mosaic levels.(b)
New Mosaic Levels
The Mosaic program now includes four distinct Mosaic levels, each featuring a Mosaic Signature Perk. Each Mosaic level has a set of distinct benefits plus, customers are entitled to pick a Mosaic Signature Perk.
Mosaic Signature Perks:
- Mosaic 1 – 50 tiles:
- Mosaic Boarding.
- First two Checked Bags Free.
- Beer, Wine & Liquor.
- Even More® Space at Check-In.
- Same-Day Switches.
- Priority Security.
- Dedicated Check-In.
- Dedicated Support Line and Priority Chat Assistance.
- Complimentary Upgrades on Heathrow Express.
- Mosaic 2 – 100 tiles: Even More Space
- Up to 7” more legroom at no extra charge during booking (pending availability).
- Mosaic 3 – 150 tiles: Move to Mint®
- Four Move to Mint certificates that enable complimentary upgrades from core to any Mint seat.
- Number of certificates required to upgrade varies.
- Mosaic 4 – 250 tiles: Move to Mint Again + BLADE Airport helicopter transfers
- Two additional Move to Mint certificates.
- Credits that can be redeemed for four complimentary seats on BLADE Airport helicopter transfers between Manhattan and JFK or EWR.
Additionally, each time a member qualifies for a new level of Mosaic, they’ll also be able to select one new perk from the Mosaic Perks You Pick menu.
Mosaic Perks You Pick:
- FoundersCard Blue Membership
- Enjoy 150+ premium travel, business, and lifestyle benefits—created exclusively for Mosaic members.
- Pet Fee Waiver
- Jet with your pet (cat or small dog) at no extra charge ($125 value per flight).
- $99 Statement Credit on Select JetBlue Cards
- $99 one-time statement credit for JetBlue Plus or Business Card.(c)
- 20-Tile Bonus
- Get or gift a 20-tile boost to get to the next level faster.
- 15,000-Point Bonus
- Boost your TrueBlue balance with 15,000 bonus points.
- Mint Suite Priority (arriving later in 2023)
- Priority access to Mint Suite selection on select aircraft (pending availability). Excludes Mint Studio™.
Tiles are the new way to track progress toward status, while earning perks at key milestones. Frequent travelers and casual fliers alike will be eligible for perks even if they haven’t yet achieved Mosaic status. While still earning valuable points that can be redeemed for award travel, TrueBlue members will also earn tiles based on their combination of travel spend and credit card spend, not just one or the other.
One tile is awarded for every $100 in qualifying spend on more of the ways a customer can JetBlue. Hotel rooms and resorts. Cars and cruises. Activities and extras. Travelers will be able to rack up rewards with JetBlue Vacations, Paisly by JetBlue, JetBlue fees, JetBlue add-ons and American Airlines-operated flights. Additionally, one tile is awarded for every $1,000 in qualifying spend on all JetBlue credit cards.
JetBlue and Barclays Credit Card Enhancements
This spring, JetBlue is also introducing enhancements to select Barclays JetBlue credit cards. JetBlue Plus Card members can enjoy Points Payback, allowing them to redeem points to pay themselves back from purchases of $25 or greater, up to a maximum of $1,000 annually. Points redeemed for purchases will appear as a statement credit toward their account balance. In addition, JetBlue Business Card members can enjoy early Group A boarding on JetBlue-operated flights.
The Transition to the New TrueBlue
In spring 2023, Mosaic-Qualifying points and segments will be retired and TrueBlue members will see how many tiles they have based on how much they’ve already spent in 2023. Any member eligible for Perks You Pick will have the opportunity to select them based on their in-progress 2023 tile count.
Mosaic members will be assigned a Mosaic level based on how much they spent in 2022 or how much they spent in 2023, whichever is greater. They’ll immediately begin enjoying the Mosaic Signature Perks of each level and will have the opportunity to select Mosaic Perks You Pick associated with that level.
For more information about JetBlue’s new TrueBlue program, visit: jetblue.com/newtrueblue.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
I’m mostly interested to find out how the tile earning while booking on AA works. Also how all this will mesh with my Spirit account.
Miles are now tiles smh…
At least it all rhymes.