My Experience Using Amazon Locker To Make A Return
I purchase a lot of stuff from Amazon, mostly snacks for the kids lunches, but I don’t do many returns. Most of the time when I do returns I ship them back via USPS. There have been a few occasions where that is not an option so I went to a UPS store. This time around USPS wasn’t an option but an Amazon locker was. There was one located a half a mile from my house which was a ton more convenient than going to the UPS store.
When I went through the return process I selected Amazon Locker. I then prompted me to choose which locker I wanted to use. They seem to be on the inside of stores unlike many UPS lockers that are placed outside. That means some have closing hours etc. I selected the 7-11 that is open 24 hours, score!
You still need to box up and label your return like you would have if you were shipping it out.
Here is the process I followed when I arrived at the store:
- When I went to the store to process the return I touched the screen to activate it.
- I then punched in the code that Amazon gave me in the return paperwork.
- A locker popped open and I tried to fit the package in (it did not fit but there were size maximums on the Amazon paperwork so I wasn’t worried).
- There was an option that said “my package doesn’t fit”.
- It prompted me to close the open locker and then a larger one opened up.
- I placed the package in that locker and closed the door.
- The process was complete.
I am sorry I didn’t get more pictures of the screen when the item wouldn’t fit. I had not planned on writing up a review on it but I enjoyed the process so much that I decided it was worth it.
The Amazon Locker process was easier and more enjoyable than going to the post office or to a UPS store. You don’t need to interact with anyone and it is a quick and painless process. If I am returning a small object that fits in a regular mailbox I would probably still go that route but otherwise I will use an Amazon locker going forward.
The return was credited into my account the next day. But I have to imagine the time frame on that depends on what day it is and how often they pick up at the locker.