Save $300 on Select Airfare When You Book through Amex Travel
American Express has a new Amex Offer that can save you $300 when you spend $1,000 or more in airfare through Amex Travel. This is a great discount, but it comes with limitations. It only applies to premium fares on International Airline Program flights. Let’s take a look at the details.
Get a one-time $300 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more purchases on International Airline Program flights booked online at americanexpress.com/us/AmexTravelIAP or by calling the number on the back of your Card by 7/20/2022.
There are some limitations on what this discount can be used for. It wonly works for first class, business class, and premium economy tickets with participating airlines, subject to availability.
Select airlines include: AeroMexico, Air France, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta, Emirates, Etihad, Finnair, Iberia Airlines, Japan Airlines, KLM, LATAM, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, and Virgin Atlantic.
- Offer valid only for flights operated by select airlines (or a flight + hotel package) and booked directly with American Express Travel online through AmericanExpress.com/us/AmexTravelIAP, through the Amex® App, or by calling the number on the back of your Card.
- Flights booked directly with a qualifying airline or through other third-party sites and apps, not listed as eligible, are excluded.
- Offer not valid for all other types of American Express Travel bookings or purchases not listed as eligible.
- International Airline Program benefits are valid only for eligible U.S. Consumer and Business Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members (Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Card Members are not eligible), on int’l tkts booked through Amex Travel for select 1st class, business class, and premium economy tickets with participating airlines, subject to availability.
- Travel must originate in and return to U.S. gateway and select Canadian gateways.
- An eligible Card Member can book for himself/herself and up to 7 passengers traveling on the same itinerary as that Card Member.
- Bookings must be made using an eligible Card in the Card Member’s name.
- Discounts are applied to the base airfare.
This offer can be useful, although it only applies to premium fares with select airlines. I saw this Amex Offer on my Amex Business Platinum card, but the it should also be available in the consumer Platinum card.