Slide App Gives You Up to 5% Cash Back at 150+ Merchants
Raise has launched the Slide app, which lets you pay for everyday purchases in-store or online and it gives you 4% or 5% in cash back. This new app for now is available on iOS devices only, and says that it should come to Android soon.
Paying with Slide
- Shop at a participating merchant where you’d like to purchase products or services.
- Select the merchant where you’re shopping and enter the total amount of your purchase after taxes and/or tip.
- Select/Confirm your Payment Details.
- Select Pay. Once you select Pay, your payment method will be charged for the amount entered, and you’ll earn 4% cash back on this amount instantly!
- You basically buy a merchant gift card for a fixed amount and then use that gift card to make your purchase
You can use a combination of your Slide Balance, your Cash Back Balance, and/or an added Payment Method (Apple Pay, PayPal, credit card, or debit card) to pay for purchases.
Earning Cash Back
You can use Slide to pay for your retail purchase in store and online at over 150+ retailers. All purchases at merchants shown below and more that are included in the list, will earn 4% cash back. Office Depot is also included in the list.
If you add funds in advance you will earn an extra 1% cash back for a total of 5% back. It makes checkout faster, too.
The cashback you earn from purchases is saved in the app. You can apply the cashback towards your next transaction on Slide, or withdraw earnings to Venmo or PayPal.
I haven’t had a chance to play around with the app myself. I’ll have to wait until it is released on Android. But there could be some potential with possible 5% cash back on many merchants such as Office Depot, Lowe’s, Bad Bath & Beyond and others.
Let us know if you use the app and what pros or cons you find out.