US Bank Altitude Connect, 50K Bonus Plus Waived Fee
The US Bank Altitude Connect card is finally live and available for applications. This is a card that has some good earning rates on select categories such as travel and gas stations, and comes with a $95 annual fee. But as part of the welcome bonus, the fee is waived for the first year, and you can also earn 50,000 points. That’s a value of $500 or more for the first year. Let’s get into the details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points. Just spend $3,000 in the first 120 days. That’s a $500 value redeemable towards merchandise, gift cards, cash back, travel and more. And your points never expire.
- $0 annual fee for the first year, $95/year thereafter.
- Offer Link
- 4X points on travel and at gas stations.
- 2X points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, dining and streaming services.
- 1X point on all other eligible purchases.
- $30 credit for annual streaming service purchases such as Netflix and Spotify
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry – Up to $100 in statement credits for application fee once every four years.
The US Bank Altitude Connect card is a good product at least for the first year. The $95 annual fee is waived and you get 50,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000. That’s worth $500. You also get TSA PreCheck or Global Entry for free, which might be of some value if you don’t already have any other premium cards that offer the same thing.
After the first year, you will have to pay $95 every year and the best feature on the card is 4X earning on travel and gas stations. There are other cards out there with better earning rates, but 4% back is still a good return. Is it $95 good? Probably not.