Alaska Airlines is Joining oneworld Alliance
Alaska Airlines announced today that it will join the oneworld alliance in the summer of 2021. Back in 2018 we wrote about about Alaska Airlines looking at joining oneworld just as a “connect” member. But instead, in 2021 they will be a full member of this alliance. The news was announced on Alaska Airline’s website.
Alaska is partnering with American Airlines to expand its global reach, connecting the West Coast to the rest of the world. The partnership is getting enhanced immediately with American Airlines.
The existing partnership between Alaska and American that applies to domestic flights was set to be scaled back at the end of February, when reciprocal mileage redemptions would have ended. But the new agreement allows travelers to book as well as earn and use miles on each other’s flights.
Then, in Summer 2021, Alaska Airlines plans to join the oneworld alliance. This means traveling on Alaska, American or a oneworld partner will feel like one connected travel experience, no matter who or where you fly.
- Redeem Alaska Mileage Plan™ miles on all American Airlines flights.
- Access any of American’s 50 Admirals Club locations worldwide with an Alaska Lounge membership.
- Continue to earn and redeem Mileage Plan miles on our current portfolio of 16 Global Partners.
Starting Spring 2020:
- Earn Alaska Mileage Plan miles on any American Airlines flights, domestically and internationally.
Starting Summer 2021:
- Earn and redeem Alaska Mileage Plan miles on all oneworld airlines.
- Alaska elites will enjoy privileges, including priority boarding, premium seating, baggage benefits and more when you fly on American Airlines or any oneworld airline.
- Access 650 lounges within the oneworld network as an MVP Gold or Gold 75k member.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.