World of Hyatt Elite Fast Track
Hyatt is offering an amazing deal for holders of their co-branded Hyatt credit card. Let’s take a look.
As a Hyatt Credit Cardmember, you can upgrade your status faster. Achieve Explorist or Globalist status to enjoy room upgrades, Club lounge access and more.
How It Works
- Register by September 30, 2017.
- Stay a minimum number of qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort between September 1 and December 30, 2017.
- Enjoy the benefits of upgraded status through February 2019.
Here is how it works for the different elite levels:
- The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing who receive this promotional offer from Hyatt and register for the promotion between August 28, 2017 and September 30, 2017.
- To qualify for this offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- A Hyatt Credit Cardmember may earn Explorist or Globalist status in the World of Hyatt program through February 2019 by completing a specified number of Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms, available at worldofhyatt.com/terms) at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide.
- Only stays completed between September 1, 2017 and December 30, 2017 (“Qualification Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
- If member checks into a reservation during the Qualification Period, but does not check out until after the Qualification Period has ended, (s)he will not earn credit towards this offer for any nights stayed as part of that reservation.
- Stays completed by member prior to the start of the Qualification Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a “Tier-Qualifying Night” for purposes of the World of Hyatt program.)
You can find the full terms on the offer page.
Obviously if you are an Explorist or Globalist, the ability to extend or obtain Globalist status (free breakfast, lounge access, room upgrades, late checkout) with only 20 nights is probably very appealing. There is no specific mention whether earning status this way will earn the suite upgrades a Globalist normally receives, so that might be a deal breaker for some.
I personally am sitting at 32 nights for the year, so with this promotion I will only need to hit 52 instead of 60. Depending on how suite upgrades are handled this could be nice for me. I also wish I had known about this a couple of months ago!
Even for lower tier Discoverist members (the status you get with the credit card), Explorist might be something worth pursuing for the 4 times yearly lounge access and better room upgrades.
New Cardholders & Best Offer
It looks like new Hyatt cardholders should be eligible for this promotion as long as they register before September 30. That hasn’t been 100% confirmed by Hyatt publicly as far as I can tell, so you might want to confirm with them before applying if that is your plan.
Currently the best offer on the Hyatt credit card is 40,000 points after $2K spend in the first 3 months + $50 statement credit and 5,000 points for adding an authorized user. You can get this deal by starting a dummy booking on the Hyatt website. The normal public offer is the same, however it doesn’t come with the statement credit.
This really is an amazing promotion for anyone who values hotel elite status. While World of Hyatt has been a stealth devaluation in my eyes, Globalist members are probably treated better than top elites from any other major chain. If you already have the Hyatt credit card make sure to register and if you don’t have it, now might be the time to take another look at it.