Amex Hilton Surpass, New Best Ever Bonus Sent Out by Mail
There’s a new increased offer for the Amex Hilton Surpass card. You can earn 175,000 Hilton points if you were targeted with an offer that was mailed out to some customers. The card comes with a $95 fee that is not waived. Let’s check the details.
Update 8/7/20: More people are being targeted via email this time around.
Earn 175,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- $95 Annual Fee (not waived)
- Must be targeted directly
The card was originally called Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass. It was then renamed Amex Hilton Honors Ascend, and how it’s back to Surpass again. Here’s what you get with this card:
- 12X Hilton Honors Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- 6X for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- 3X on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status with your Hilton Honors Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year when you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees
You must have received the offer directly by mail to qualify.
Welcome Offer not available to applicants who have or have had the Hilton Honors Surpass® Card or the Hilton Honors Amex Ascend Card. American Express may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
The best offer we have seen previously for the Amex Hilton Surpass card is 150K points and a $100 credit. This offer gives you 25K more points instead of that $100 and you need to spend $1,000 more.
This is probably not the best time to apply for a travel card since travel is still up in the air in many states in the US and other countries around the world. But at least you can get some limited time perks right now.
HT: Doctor of Credit