New Amex Offer, Save on Hotel Bookings Through AmexTravel
There’s a new targeted Amex Offer that can save you 20% or more on hotels booked through the AmexTravel website. I saw the offer on my personal Platinum card and Everyday card.
Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $500+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com by 12/31/2017.
- Valid only for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com.
- Offer not valid at American Express Travel offices.
- Offer not valid for Car or Cruise bookings.
- Offer not valid for the flight portion of a flight+hotel package.
- Valid only on US website.
This is a decent offer for paid hotel stays, especially if you have the offer on your Amex Platinum cards that earn 5x points on AmexTravel bookings. That would give you an extra 2,500+ MR Points on your booking.
There is some downsides with booking through AmexTravel however. Status is not usually recognized and you don’t earn stay credits. It could be more useful for non-chain hotels.