Capital One Improves Savor and SavorOne Cards
Capital One has been on a roll recently. It recently announced the launch of Capital One Lounges, refreshed miles transfer redemption program (for Venture and Spark Miles travel cardholders), and announced the upcoming launch of the new Capital One Travel booking experience powered by Hopper. Now there’s also good news for Savor and SavorOne cardholders with new categories where they can earn 3% and 4% cash back.
Savor and Savor One Cards
The Capital One Savor card has been one of the best credit cards cards for food and fun, and it just got even more rewarding no matter if you’re going out or staying in. This is a card that comes with a $95 annual fee that it waived the first year. Now, beginning May 18th, Savor cardholders will earn:
- 4% cash back on popular streaming services, including Hulu, Disney+ and Netflix
- 3% cash back at grocery stores (up from 2%)
Additionally, the Capital One SavorOne card will now offer:
- 3% cash back across each of the following earn categories: dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and at grocery stores, along with 1% cash back on all other purchases. All with no annual fee!
- On top of this, like Savor cardholders, now SavorOne customers are also able to earn 8% cash back on Vivid Seats purchases (through January 2023).
Capital One Rewards
Capital One rewards cards keep getting better and better. This is just another way that Capital One is adjusting offerings to make customers lives more rewarding. Here are some of the highlights of the Capital One program:
- On top of this exciting new news for Savor and SavorOne cardholders, Capital One also announced the launch of Capital One Lounges, refreshed miles transfer redemption program (for Venture and Spark Miles travel cardholders), and announced initial info about the upcoming launch of the new Capital One Travel booking experience powered by Hopper.
- Keep in mind that Capital One offers customers a variety of options for both earning and redeeming rewards. Capital One always offers our customers multiple, flexible ways to redeem their rewards.
- Capital One Savor, SavorOne, Venture, VentureOne and Quicksilver cardholders can use their rewards to shop millions of items at Amazon.com.
- These cardholders can also use their rewards to redeem for gift cards from dozens of merchants including Walmart, Lowes, Whole Foods and many more.
- In addition, cardholders can redeem via PayPal Pay with Rewards, in order to use their Capital One rewards when they check out with PayPal at millions of online retailers.
These are positive developments for both cards obviously, while there are no fee increases. The 4% back on streaming services is a good rate, but probably will not make a huge difference for most people, since these are small monthly charges usually. It could still be worth to switch to your Capital One Savor card if you already have it.
The real improvement here is the 3% cash back on groceries, especially for the no fee SavorOne card. Again this is not the best rate that you can earn for groceries, but it is competitive and there’s no caps.