Capital One to Launch New Travel Booking Site
Capital One has announced details of its new travel portal, which is coming this fall. Capital One Travel was already announced previously in collaboration with Hopper, but now we know what to expect when the site goes live.
Hopper’s most popular features include tracking and predicting pricing in the travel market. Capital One’s new portal integrates that technology. But it gets better. Capital One is also incorporating free Price Drop Protection at least for flights. If your flights get cheaper in the time between purchase and takeoff, you will be refunded the difference.
Capital One Travel will also offer a Best Price Guarantee. So if you find a better price on the same flight, hotel or car rental, it will match it.
Capital One Travel
As a Capital One cardholder, you’ll have access to unique tools before and after you book, bringing you a rewarding, flexible travel experience. Some of these features include:
- 5X miles per dollar on hotels and car rentals when booking through Capital One Travel with an eligible Venture, VentureOne, Spark Miles or Spark Miles Select card.
- Price prediction and price watch alerts for flights. When you search for flights on Capital One Travel, you’ll see a recommendation to either book now—or wait for a better price. Capital One Travel uses artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze billions of data points and predict how flight prices will fluctuate. Simply set a price alert for your destination and travel dates. Capital One Travel will monitor prices 24/7 and let you know when it’s time to book. Capital One promises that you can save an average of 15% per flight.
- Free price drop protection for flights. If the flight price drops, no problem. It monitors fares, even after your purchase, and you’ll automatically receive money back.
- Best price guarantee. If you find a better price on the same flight, hotel or car rental, Capital One will match it. Simply submit a request with some details within 24 hours of booking, and Capital One Travel will refund you the difference. For hotels, Capital One will also proactively adjust to guarantee they match or beat other travel sites, including Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity.
- Redeem rewards for travel. Apply them to any trip booked through Capital One Travel. Or use a combination of rewards and your card when booking.
Who Can Access It
This new experience will be rolled out to eligible Venture, VentureOne, Spark Miles, Spark Miles Select and Capital One Walmart Rewards cardholders this fall. The list leaves out Quicksilver, Savor and SavorOne cardholders for now.
Once you gain access, you’ll see the option to start booking trips when you sign in and view your rewards. Through the site, you can pay for flights, hotels and car rentals with your Capital One card, your rewards or both.