Capital One Walmart Cards
Walmart and Capital One will soon release two new cards to go alongside the new rewards program. Walmart cards were previously issued by Synchrony Bank, but they reached a deal with Capital One earlier this year. The new partnership looks like will provide better credit card options for customers with more rewards for their shopping.
New Cards and Rewards Program
Capital One and Walmart are introducing the Capital One Walmart Rewards Credit Card Program. It launches with two new credit cards that reward customers for shopping at Walmart and on purchases they make everywhere the card is accepted.
The program’s signature co-branded card, the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, and the private-label card exclusively for Walmart purchases, the Walmart Rewards Card, will be available beginning September 24.
Designed not only for Walmart purchases, but also to be the card of choice for all customers’ needs, the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard offers unlimited:
- 5% back on purchases at Walmart.com, inclusive of Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery.
- 5% back on in-store purchases when using Walmart Pay for the first 12 months after approval as a special introductory offer.
- 2% back on Walmart purchases in stores outside of the introductory offer.
- 2% back on restaurants and travel.
- 1% percent back everywhere else.
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
- The ability to redeem rewards at any time for travel, gift cards, during online checkout at Walmart.com, for recent purchases, and statement credits.
In addition to the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, Walmart and Capital One are offering the Walmart Rewards Card. These cardholders will earn the same 5% back on purchases made at Walmart.com and on the Walmart app; the 5% introductory offer for using Walmart Pay in stores for the first 12 months after approval and an unlimited 2% back on Walmart purchases in stores outside of the introductory offer; and 2% back at Walmart Fuel Stations. You can see the full press release here.
If you already have a Walmart credit card, it will be converted soon to the new cards. You will start earning these new rewards starting October 11. Updated cards arriving in the mail beginning in November.
Current cardholders will also be eligible to earn 5% back when they use their card with Walmart’s mobile payment solution, Walmart Pay, for in-store purchases through October 14, 2020.
These two new cards bring Walmart in line with Amazon and Target. They already have credit cards that give you 5% back. The new card issued by Capital One nearly doubles the rewards Walmart offered through its previous credit card program.
Let us know what you think of these new cards.