Chase Aeroplan Card 100K Bonus
It first launched with a 100,000 points bonus which was then reduced to 70,000. Then just recently a new feature launched, Pay Yourself Back, which made the card even more interesting. And if you’re planning to apply, now the welcome bonus has been increased once again to 100,000 points, but with a higher spending requirement. Let’s see the details.
- Earn up to 100,000 points, that’s $1,250 in travel value with Pay Yourself Back.
- Earn 60,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- Plus 40,000 points after you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months your account is open.
- Annual Fee: $95
- LEARN MORE
- Earn 3x on groceries, restaurants, and Air Canada flights
- 500 bonus points for every $2,000 you spend in a calendar month, up to 1,500 points per month.
- Aeroplan 25K Status for the calendar year in which your Chase Aeroplan Card account is opened and for the following calendar year.
- $100 credit towards Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS–available once every four years.
- Pay Yourself Back – Use points for travel purchases (1.25cpp)
- Full Review
The Chase Aeroplan Card is once again offering a welcome bonus of 100,000 points. However, this time around you need to spend a total of $20,000 within a year to earn the full bonus. If you complete that spending in a bonus category such as groceries for example, you would get an additional 65,000 points.
The card has a low annual fee and useful 3x categories such as groceries, restaurants and Air Canada flight. It also gives you an annual credit for Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, and also NEXUS.
This is also a good card for those that want status with Air Canada or Star Alliance. You get Aeroplan 25K status for nearly two years if you apply now, and can then maintain status via spending in the future.
The Chase Aeroplan Card also has an interesting Pay Yourself Back program which we have covered in the past. You can redeem Aeroplan points for travel purchases at a value of 1.25 cents each. But you can also transfer points to the program and then redeem for the same value. There’s no cap this year.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.