Citi AAdvantage Executive Card 100K Bonus
As previously announced, the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card has undergone a revamp with an improved welcome bonus, added benefits, and a big annual fee increase. The card now has a 100,000 miles bonus, but also a fee of $595. On top of that there’s a $175 fee for the first three authorized users, and then $175 each after that. Let’s see the details of the offer and if this card is worth getting.
- Customers who apply and are approved for the Citi/AAdvantage Executive Card, can earn 100K AAdvantage Miles after spending $10,000 within the first three months of account opening.
- Annual Fee: $595
- DIRECT LINK
- Earn 4X on AA spend on up to $150K annually, then 5X on AA spend for the remainder of the year.
- Earn 10X on hotels and car rentals booked through AA
- Loyalty Points Boost:
- 10K Loyalty Points after reaching 50K Loyalty Points
- Another 10K Loyalty Points after reaching 90K Loyalty Points
- Admiral’s Club Membership
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Up to $120 Avis or Budget Statement Credit
- Up to $120 Lyft Credit ($10 each month after first three rides)
- Up to $120 Grubhub Credit ($10 each month)
The welcome bonus is a good one at 100,000 miles, although the spending requirement is quite steep at $10,000 in three months. The card also has valuable benefits such as Admiral’s Club access, annual credits, and good earning rates for American Airlines purchases.
However, the fee increase takes the excitement out of these changes. The fee for the primary cardholder went up by $145 and is now $595. Previously you could add free authorized users to the card, and this was one of the best perks as they get Admiral’s Club access as well. Now you have to pay for those users. There’s an annual fee of $175 for the three authorized users and then $175 each after that.
If you are a couple where one is a primary cardholder and the other an authorized user, you will end up paying $320 more every year. It gets a bit better if you add three authorized users.
If you frequently travel with American Airlines, this card can be valuable at least for the first year where the bonus offsets the annual fee. After that, you need to really maximize all credits and visit Admiral’s Club lounges often to make this card work.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.