Citi Prestige Changes Confirmed: Better Earning, Less Benefits and Higher Fee
We already wrote a few weeks ago about the upcoming changes and the return of the Citi Prestige card. Now those changes have been confirmed through a dedicated page, and there’s even some new information that wasn’t revealed previously. We now know that the revamped card will be launched on January 4th, 2019. Here’s the good and the bad Citi Prestige changes with the new information in bold.
- 5x Thank You Points on Dining
- 5x Thank You Points Airfare Purchases (airlines and travel agencies)
- 3x Thank You Points on Cruise Lines
- 3x Thank You Points on Hotels
- $250 credit for air travel will become a general $250 travel credit
- Cell phone insurance benefit beginning on May 1, 2019
- Starting September 1, 2019 the 4th Night Free Benefit will be capped at two uses per year
- You will no longer be able to redeem TYP’s for 1.25 Cents on airfare through the portal
- Increased Annual Fee: $495/yr (Grandfathered $350 Citi Priority fee will be increased as well)
- $75 fee per authorized user
- Earnings on entertainment drop from 2x to 1x Thank You Points (after August 31, 2019)
- Beginning 09/01/19, Citi Prestige Concierge will no longer be available for Fourth Night bookings
These new changes make the card better when it comes to earning ThankYou points, but gut some of the perks that many people valued. With 5x on airfare and dining and 3x on hotels and cruises, the card is hard to beat. But then the fee is going up, 4th night benefit is being capped and you can no longer book it through Citi Prestige Concierge.
Would any of these changes make you apply or get rid of your Citi Prestige?