Citi Rewards+ Card Has a Targeted 30K Welcome Bonus
Citi is mailing out offers to some customers with a 30,000 ThankYou points bonus for the Citi Rewards card. While this matches the best ever offer on this card, it is still not a good idea to go for it. Let’s check the details.
- Receive 15,000 points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of account opening
- Receive an additional 15,000 points after spending $4,000 in total within the first 12 months of account opening
This is a targeted offer that was sent out by mail. So you need to have received it directly in order to qualify.
Details of the Citi Rewards+ Card
The Citi Rewards+ card will be a no annual fee card marketed to people as an everyday card because of it’s round up feature. Here are the details and earning structure:
- 2 ThankYou points per dollar on Gas and Groceries up to $6,000 per year
- 1 ThankYou point per dollar on everything else
- The ThankYou points can be redeemed for gift cards or one cent a piece towards travel.
- If you transfer them to the Citi Premier card then you can get 1.25 cents on travel.
- No annual fee
- 10% refund on points redemptions on up to 100,000 points per year (10,000 point rebate)
- Round up feature
Read Ian’s analysis here.
This is a good card to have in your wallet, but probably not one that is worth applying for. The best route would be to product change into the Rewards+ card versus applying directly. The bonus of 30,000 matches the highest ever offer for this card, but it still trails other Citi ThankYou bonuses. If you apply for this card then you can not get another bonus from the Preferred, Premier and Prestige cards for 24 month.