CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Card Bonus Offer
CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard (that’s a mouthful) has a 50,000 AA miles bonus. That offer has been around for a while, but this specific offer doesn’t include the 24 month restriction.
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on select business categories including gas stations
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding on American Airlines domestic flights
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
The card has a $95 annual fee that is waived the first year.
24 Month Restriction
Citi has tightened up rules regarding sign up bonuses. We usually see the following lamnguage on such offers:
This card is not available if the business already has a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard® card. Bonus miles not available if you have had any CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card opened or closed in the past 24 months.
But this offer doesn’t have this language so you will get the bonus even if you have opened or closed a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card in the past 24 months.
We’ve seen a few similar offers from Citi on AA cards, without the 24 months restrictions. The offer should last for 20 days. Another plus for this card is that Citi Business cards don’t show up on your credit reports.
Keep in mind that Citi also has a few rules regarding new credit card applications. You can only apply for one Citi business card every 60 or 95 days. They also limit you to six inquiries every 6 months.