Delta Will Match Your Status with Other Major Airlines
Delta Air Lines has emailed some customers a status match offer today. The email was sent out yesterday with subject “Have Status With Another Airline? Experience Higher Status And The Delta CareStandard”. While the promotion seems targeted, there is also a direct link to it. Let’s get into the details.
For a limited time, if you have status on Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, jetBlue, Southwest Airlines or United Airlines, you may be eligible to enroll in our elevated Status Match challenge between October 19 and October 31, 2020. Those who qualify will receive complimentary Medallion® Status one Tier higher than their current Status – through March 31, 2021.
Plus, when you complete the flight requirements below by March 31, 2021 you’ll maintain that Medallion® Status through January 31, 2022:
- If you receive Gold Medallion® Status: Fly 2 Qualifying Round Trips or 4 One Ways
- If you receive Platinum Medallion® Status: Fly 4 Qualifying Round Trips or 8 One Ways
- If you receive Diamond Medallion® Status: Fly 6 Qualifying Round Trips or 12 One Ways
Matching Medallion Status
And new this year, all of your 2020 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) will roll over into 2021, so you can get a jump start on earning Medallion® Status for 2022. Find out more about Medallion Status benefits here.
- Only Members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable.
- SkyMiles Members must first submit online for participation in the offer by October 31st, 2020 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. PST on 10/31/2020).
- Promotional registration is required before complimentary Medallion Status will be rewarded.
- Members must have current, elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements. Qualifying airlines include Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, jetBlue, United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
- If you meet the criteria to participate by providing valid elite status credentials from a qualifying airline, you will receive: complimentary Status that is one Tier higher than Delta’s standard Status Match through March 31, 2021.
- The complimentary Medallion Status is effective the day following your approval. Members must complete the qualifying activity to extend Medallion Status through the 2021 Medallion Year, ending on January 31, 2022.
- See more details here.
This is a great opportunity for people that already have status with another eligible airline. You can immediately match your status through the end of March, and then through through January 31, 2022 with up to 6 round-trips, depending on your Medallion status.