Disney Hacks – Disney California Adventure History
This week on the Disney Hacks podcast we have so much to talk about including the storied history of Disney California Adventure.
Disney Hacks Episode 30
On this week’s show we dive deep into the history of one of Disney’s most storied parks. No park has transformed more in its life than Disney California Adventure. We go over what it was like on launch day, how it had the worst ever Disney attraction and how it evolved into something much better today.
Plus we’ll discuss Disneyland news including when they will allow non-California residents, how the Disneyland Hotel is coming back with a refresh and when the Jungle Cruise is returning. Plus Joe talks about Universal’s mask rules and Disney indicates park pass reservations and virtual queues are here to stay.
Disney Hacks Podcast – Episode 30 Notes
- 4:07 – Avengers Campus cast member previes
- 8:53 – Jungle Cruise updates and return date
- 10:11 – Disneyland Hotel refurbishment
- 12:32 – Disney World social distancing changes
- 18:36 – Universal’s updated mask policy
- 21:29 – Disneyland Paris updates
- 22:59 – The history of Disney’s California Adventure
- 33:22 – Hollywood Pictures Backlot including Disney’s WORST EVER attraction
- 37:26 – Condor Flats
- 42:30 – Paradise Pier
- 47:40 – Updating the park
- 52:09 – The California Adventure makeover!
Stream This Week’s Episode of Disney Hacks Podcast
Disney Hacks Episode 30 – Bottom Line
Disney California Adventure is near and dear to both of our hearts and I hope this history gave you an idea of how DCA 1.0 failed and why it is such an amazing park today. While I did enjoy DCA on some level from the beginning, I think it is so much better today. What do you think?