New Yorkers Have a Chance to Win a Free Trip to Hawaii
If you’re in New York, then you have a chance to win a dream vacation to Hawaii. The Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau launched an initiative Tuesday that will send one traveler from New York City and their plus-one to the Hawaiian Islands for simply using their MetroCard. Hotel and airfare is included in the prize.
On the back of select HTUSA/Hawaii MetroCards, travelers will find a number that can be used to enter the contest.
From April 23 until April 30, participating MTA subway MetroCard Vending Machines will be filled with 250,000 Hawaii-branded MetroCards. Anyone who purchases one of these refillable cards should go to www.hawaii.nyc to enter the code printed on the back.
By completing the registration, travelers will be entered into the giveaway, with a drawing to select the first winner taking place on or about May 8.
There are eight MTA subway stations participating in the initiative, with nearly all of the New York City subway train lines included. Your lucky station could be one of the following:
- 72nd and Amsterdam – (1, 2, 3)
- 86th and Lexington – (4, 5, 6)
- 59th and Columbus – (A, B, C, D)
- 23rd and 8th – (C, E)
- 14th and Union Square – (L, N, Q, R, W, 4, 5, 6)
- Broadway & Lafayette at Houston – (B, D, F, M)
- Fulton Street – (A, C, J, Z, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr – (B, Q, 2, 3, 4, 5)