Gyft Southwest Gift Card Offer
Gyft has a very good deal on Southwest gift cards today. Let’s take a look.
Buy a $100 Southwest Airlines Gift Card and get $15 off. Use promo code SW2016 at checkout.
- Promotion ends at 11:59pm ET on 12/11/16 or while supplies last.
- Promotion is limited. Promotion is valid while supplies last
- Discount will be applied at checkout when promotional code is successfully applied
- Promotion is only eligible for a $100 Southwest Gift Card
- Promo code is valid with all payment methods
- Cannot combine with other promotions
- Each household can redeem promo code up to 2 times
- Must have a Gyft account to purchase
You can find the full details and terms here.
Need to Know
- In my experience the limit of 2 is per account. For example my wife and I both have an account and we were each able to purchase two cards.
- Gyft has strict security in place on new accounts. I went through a ton of hassles about two years ago when signing up, but it has been smooth sailing since then. I purchase a lot of cards from them.
- If you pay via PayPal with a Chase Ink Plus/Cash card then you should earn 5X Ultimate Rewards points. (Hence why I buy a lot of cards from them.)
Depending on your bulk relationships you may be able to sell Southwest cards at 88%+ of face value. Sometimes I see these cards go for 90% of face value, but currently the best rate I found was 88.5%. Across four cards that would mean $14 profit and 1,700 Ultimate Rewards points for about 5 minutes of clicking. Not bad.
This is a good deal and I expect it to meet the maximum redemptions sooner rather than later. For Southwest flyers this will be a good way to save 20%ish if you factor in rewards and for those who like to sell gift cards, there are points and profit to be made. Ding.