World of Hyatt, 11 Hotels Shifting Categories Later this Month
Last fall, World of Hyatt announced that it would suspend its 2021 Award Chart changes that typically occur each March. Back then it said that only four hotels would shifting categories, all moving up. Now Hyatt has announced that the list is a bit longer, with seven additional Hyatt hotels that will be shifting to different award categories in late-March. “After close evaluation of these properties, we are now adjusting them to fit more suitable award categories,” Hyatt said.
Hyatt 2021 Award Chart changes
Effective as of Thursday, March 25, 2021, at 8:00 am CDT, World of Hyatt members will see updates made to the number of points required for a free night at 11 hotels – 10 hotels will shift into a higher award category and one will shift to a lower award category.
|Property||Current Award Category||
New Award Category
|Hyatt Place Houston Downtown||3||2|
|Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows||5||6|
|Park Hyatt Aviara||5||6|
|Mar Monte Hotel, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt||4||5|
|Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown-SoBro||4||5|
|Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico||3||4|
|Hyatt Regency Dharamshala Resort||2||3|
|Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport||2||3|
|Hyatt Place Delano||1||2|
|Hyatt Place Fair Lawn/Paramus||1||2|
|Hyatt Place Palm Bay/Melbourne||1||2|
The list below outlines all of the affected hotels and their new award category.
No new categories have been added and the points required for each category remain the same, with affected hotels shifting by only one category up or down.
- All free night award and Points + Cash redemptions booked before 8:00 am CDT on Thursday, March 25 will follow the current Award Chart regardless of stay dates, even if the hotel is shifting to a higher award category.
- Any free night award and Points + Cash redemptions booked on or after Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 am CDT will follow the new Award Chart.
- Members who have existing award bookings as of 8:00 am CDT on Thursday, March 25 for a night on or after Thursday, March 25 at Hyatt Place Houston Downtown, which is moving to a lower award category, will receive an automatic one-time refund on the point difference. Points will be refunded in members’ accounts starting Friday, March 26.
- Once changes go into effect on Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 am CDT, any adjustments made to existing reservations will follow the terms of the new Award Chart.
- No existing Hyatt properties are moving into Category 8 with this Award Chart update, reserving Category 8 for Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Destination residences.
The Award Chart landing page will be updated with the new hotel award categories at 8:00 am CT Thursday, March 25.
This list of hotels that are changing categories is much smaller than previous year. But out of the 11 properties that are shifting categories, 10 of them are moving up, and only is moving down a category.