Las Vegas 2021 Construction Tour
It has been quite a year for Las Vegas, but all of the negatives haven’t kept Sin City from moving forward. Before the pandemic hit Las Vegas had several high profile projects on deck and many of them are moving forward. As we move into 2021 I thought I would update you on the latest hot new projects coming to Las Vegas in 2021 and beyond.
Subscribe to Our Channel
While you can watch this Las Vegas 2021 Construction update below, don’t forget to comment on the video and subscribe to our YouTube channel. In addition to videos like this one we also have hotel reviews, guides and our weekly MtM Vegas video podcast where Mark and I discuss the latest news and happenings.
Las Vegas 2021 Construction Update
In this Vegas construction update we’ll cover the following new projects coming to Las Vegas:
- Resorts World Las Vegas – Massive new Strip resort with 3,500 rooms spread across three Hilton branded hotels.
- The Drew (Old Fontainebleau) – Abandoned for over a decade this project was recently revived, but is anything actually changing?
- Sahara Restaurant Row – As part of their $150 million in renovations Sahara is converting their Strip frontage into four new eateries and a new sports book.
- Las Vegas Gateway Arch – The brand new $6.5 million icon to welcome guests to Las Vegas is now open. It stretches 140 feet across Las Vegas Boulevard and is not to be missed.
- Circa Resort & Casino Hotel – While the casino has been open (check out our full tour), the hotel is actually opening this week. We’ll check out the new main entrance which is a throw back for sure.
- Las Vegas Convention Center West Hall – This massive expansion adds over 600K square feet of new exhibit space but the real talk is the Tesla Tunnels running underground. (These might be expanded considerably.) This expansion is almost done, but sits waiting for guests to return.
- MSG Sphere Las Vegas – Part state of the art concert hall and part money pit, this project is moving forward at a slower pace now. The massive sphere will house 17,500 seats, be covered entirely in screens on the outside and it is starting to look a bit like the Death Star.
- Caesars Forum – Caesars Entertainment spend almost $400 million on this new convention center which is attached to Linq Promenade. It also sits next to the monorail and houses one of the more unique event spaces in the entire city.
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas – Originally scheduled to open on January 15, the re-branded Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is delayed until the Spring due to market conditions. With 11 new restaurants, totally renovated rooms and an entirely new entrance this Hilton Curio hotel will make waves when it opens.
Las Vegas 2021 Construction Tour – Bottom Line
While Las Vegas has certainly taken its knocks in 2021 there is so much still happening. Just as the world emerges from this pandemic ready to travel, Vegas will be ready to welcome them with new hotels, convention spaces, restaurants and iconic structures.
What do you think of these many unique construction projects coming to Las Vegas in 2021 and beyond? Make sure to leave a comment with your thoughts on the video and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel!