Las Vegas Construction Tour 2022
Las Vegas is always growing, evolving and changing. While the pandemic has been a struggle and continues to create challenges, the city is coming back strong with many new projects to look forward to and we’ll show you all of them in this Las Vegas construction tour! Before we dive in don’t forget to subscribe to the Miles to Memories YouTube channel to see all of our Vegas reviews, guides and tours!
Las Vegas Construction Tour
As I have done several times before, I criss-crossed the Las Vegas Valley to check out all of the upcoming hot new projects including many I haven’t covered before. In this video we’ll check out everything you need to know about what is coming to Las Vegas including several new hotel/casino projects, state of the art theaters, arenas and more.
Guide To Our Las Vegas Construction Tour
Here is what you can find in the video. There are also a few surprises not listed so make sure to watch for yourself!
- Durango (Station) – Despite currently owning 3 closed casinos in Vegas, Station Casinos is building their newest locals property in the booming Southwest part of the Vegas valley. This new hotel & casino will be coming in 2023.
- UnCommons – Featuring office space, retail, dining and residential, this mixed use development will cost $400 million and be home to DraftKings Las Vegas headquarters with up to 1,000 employees.
- Area15 Rise an Elevated Bar Experience – This 131 foot skybar leaves your feet dangling and you exposed to the elements while you have a drink and soak in amazing 360 degree views of Las Vegas including the iconic Strip.
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas – This thing started construction back in 2005, but it looks like it may finally get finished this time. Construction has started once again with a projected opening of late 2023.
- Slots A Fun – Not the fanciest place in the world, but this has one of the better casino carpets around and will soon be home to a new daiquiri bar.
- Circus Circus Renovations – Circus Circus has added a new $9 million food court near their buffet and is spending another $1.5 million to build another food court in the Adventuredome. Good to see this place getting some love!
- Dollar Loan Center – Home to the Henderson Silver Knights beginning in 2022, this 6,000 seat arena replaces the Henderson Pavilion amphitheater which sat on the same spot. It will also be home to an arena football team.
- Project 63 – Replacing the Harmon Tower, this retail development fits in well on the corner of Harmon and the Strip right next to City Center.
- Sahara Renovations – Just about every part of this historic property has been improved with the $150 million switchover from SLS back to Sahara. A few projects remain, but Sahara is definitely worth taking another look at.
- Pinball Hall of Fame – With 25,000 square feet of space this new venue is great. The new sign out front is spectacular as well.
- Dream Hotel Las Vegas – A new 500+ room hotel and casino coming to the South Las Vegas Strip next to the pinball hall of fame, Las Vegas sign and the airport.
- MSG Sphere at the Venetian – MSG & The Venetian have pushed forward with this state of the art theater with construction expected to stretch through 2023. At a cost of $1.8 billion this building will be a Vegas icon for decades to come.
Do you love Vegas like we do? Don’t forget to check out our weekly MtM Vegas video podcast!
Las Vegas Construction Tour – Bottom Line
Since the last time I did one of these construction updates several new hotel casino complexes have started construction with tons of other projects announced. It’s also nice to see some old properties like Sahara come back to life and while not extensive, the changes to Circus Circus are a good sign too. Which of these Las Vegas construction projects are you most excited about?