Las Vegas Construction Update September 2020
Las Vegas is constantly growing and changing and despite the current world events many construction projects are moving forward across the city. From record new casinos to a brand new hockey arena, there is a lot to see when it comes to construction in the Vegas Valley.
Each month I circle the Valley to update the latest on these projects and here is my latest Vegas construction update. In this video we take a look at tons of projects including the new minor league hockey arena under construction, Resorts World, the new convention center expansion, Caesars Forum, MSG Sphere, Circa, the new Vegas Gateway Arch & more.
What’s In This Video?
- MSG Sphere – This $1.6 billion theater/arena will be a state of the art place to experience a show. Made mostly for concerts, this venue will hold 17,500 people and will features immersive screens on the inside and outside! Since our last construction update they have started to add a steel exoskeleton!
- Las Vegas Convention Center Expansion – This massive project is nearing completion with a finish date of December, 2020. This will feature #Boring company’s technology and modified #Tesla vehicles. Many of the walls are now down as this massive structure reaches 93% completion.
- Resorts World Las Vegas – The most expensive resort ever built in Las Vegas marches towards it opening date in about a year. Signs have been installed on the building and construction is going ahead full steam.
- Las Vegas Gateway Arch – This new $6.5 million gateway to Las Vegas will be an incredible landmark for generations to come. Since our last video the arches have been completed and the sign is now up for all to see. So beautiful!
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas – Virgin Hotels Las Vegas is being built in the former site of the Hard Rock Hotel. We finally got a look at the new front entrance as this project marches towards its January opening.
- Henderson Events Center – Did you know the Vegas area is getting another pro hockey team and arena? Construction has already begun on this 6,000+ seat arena for the Henderson Silver Knights. It looks awesome!
- Caesars Forum – This brand new $300+ million convention center built by Caesars sits next to Linq and is waiting to be used, but for now it sits pretty empty with tons of potential but no conventions.
- Circa Resort & Casino – Check out our in-depth video of the brand new Circa which will be the first major hotel/casino built in Downtown in 40 years!
Las Vegas Construction Update – September 2020
Vegas is growing and changing and it is nice to see many construction projects moving forward despite everything. Which of these projects are you most interested in? Let me know in the comments!