Lufthansa Miles & More World Elite Mastercard, New 75K Miles Bonus
The Lufthansa Miles & More card has an increased bonus that can earn you a total of 75,000 miles. It’s the highest offer we have seen, but it also requires a lot of spending. Let’s take a look.
- Earn up to 75,000 award miles! Earn 50,000 award miles if you spend $3,000 in purchases and pay the annual fee, both within the first 90 days. Plus, earn 25,000 award miles if you spend $20,000 in purchases in the first year.
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply
- Annual Fee: $89 (waived for Senator and HON Circle Members)
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 spent on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 award miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive two complimentary Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers after each account anniversary
- Receive a Companion Ticket after each account anniversary (taxes and fee apply)
- No foreign transaction fees
This is a better bonus than the previous 50,000 miles offer on this card. But we have also seen a 60,000 bonus a year or two ago, that has a much lower spending requirement. This offer gets you 50K with $3,000 spend and then 25K more points with $20,000 spending. That’s a lot of spend to put on this card, but you do have a whole year to do so.
Lufthansa miles are valuable. While domestic economy ward flights will cost you 25,000 miles round trip, you can get into business class (domestic first class) for just 35,000 round trip on United. One-way award flights will cost half. That means that with this signup bonus is enough for three business class flights in the United States.
You can see their miles calculator here.
This increased bonus could be useful if you know what to do with Lufthansa miles. I don’t see an expiration date for this offer, but if you’re interested, you should apply sooner than later.