Match Hyatt Status To MGM Rewards
Last year MGM Resorts announced a lot of changes to their players club rewards program including a name change to MGM Rewards. Along with the name change, MGM announced some new perks for elite status members in the new MGM Rewards program. The really cool thing is with the World of Hyatt and MGM Rewards partnership Hyatt loyalists can earn some of the great new perks without spending any money in the casino. It is very easy to match Hyatt status to MGM Rewards status and get many of the great new perks. In this article I will show you just how to do it to ensure your next trip to Vegas, or any other MGM property, is as good as it can be.
Update 2/2/23: Your MGM Rewards status from 2022 should have dropped off now so be sure to match your World of Hyatt status to MGM Rewards.
The Benefits of Matching World of Hyatt Status to MGM Rewards
Here is what status level you can get for matching your World of Hyatt status over to the MGM Rewards program:
- Hyatt Discoverist status – matches to – MGM Rewards Pearl status
- Explorist status – matches to – MGM Rewards Gold status
- Hyatt Globalist status – matches to – MGM Rewards Gold status
In the early days of the Hyatt and MGM partnership Globalist (Diamond back then) members in the World of Hyatt program would get Platinum status with MGM. Unfortunately, after that first year MGM changed it so that the best status you can get via the partnership is Gold status. But, with the recent changes in the MGM Rewards program Gold status is all of a sudden pretty good. Especially when you don’t have to spend any money to get it!
MGM Rewards Status Perks
Here are the perks for each tier of the MGM Rewards program that you can match to.
MGM Rewards Pearl Status Benefits
- Tier credits needed reduced from 25,000 to 20,000
- Complimentary tickets to MGM Rewards concerts for Pearl
- MGM Rewards Points and Slot Dollars will not expire for Pearl members due to account inactivity.
MGM Rewards Gold Status Benefits
- Everything you get with Pearl status.
- Tier credits required remains at 75,000
- Waived resort fees for Gold
- Only applicable when booked directly. Booking through third party, with Hyatt points or as a part of a conference, trade show or discounted group rate will not be eligible.
- Exclusive tier appreciation events and experiences Gold
- New Tier Advancement Celebration Dinners and access to exclusive tier appreciation events recognize members who reach Gold or above tiers based on 2022 gaming and non-gaming spend. (not a perk of status matches)
- Priority check in line at hotels, night clubs and select restaurants.
- Room upgrade, subject to availability
Complete The Status Match In Just A Few Clicks
Before we even get started on matching your Hyatt status to MGM Rewards we should ensure one thing, that you already have an account with MGM. If you do not have an MGM Rewards account then sign up for one HERE.
Once we have that all squared away matching your status between the programs is pretty easy. It is all done online and will only take you a few minutes. Just be sure that you are not already logged into your MGM Rewards account when completing the match. It caused an error for me when that happened.
Here is the landing page for all of the info on the partnership.
Matching MGM Rewards To Hyatt Status
What about if you are a gambler and want to earn status with the World of Hyatt program for an upcoming trip? First off, great choice! Hyatt is a great chain and a very rewarding program. Because of the partnership you can match your MGM status back over to Hyatt as well. The match is a reverse of what is listed above:
- Pearl status to Hyatt Discoverist
- Gold / Platinum / Noir status to Hyatt Explorist
It is really that simple. With just a few clicks you can be on your way to champagne and caviar dreams on your next Vegas trip. Well, maybe that is overselling it a bit. How does waived resort fees and free show tickets sound instead? It doesn’t sound too bad, does it? Especially when it didn’t cost you any time, or money, at the tables or slot machines.
If you are going to be losing your World of Hyatt status at any point in the near future you can use the match between the programs to keep it alive as well. Although, with the addition of Milestones to the Hyatt program the match that way isn’t as lucrative as it used to be.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.