Cruise Hacking – Free Cruises, Maximizing Offers, Status Matching & CRAZY Prices Right Now
In this episode of the Miles to Memories podcast Shawn will discuss all of the craziness in the cruise industry and some amazing deals you don’t want to miss out on before the cruise industry returns to normal. Recorded from his Transatlantic cruise somewhere in the middle of the ocean, he discusses strategies for saving on the 3 major mass market cruise lines (Carnival, Royal Caribbean and NCL) plus how you can utilize casino and hotel status to get free cruises & more. Plus Ellie joins in to review the Carnival Pride from a kids perspective. Enjoy!
- 01:55 – Why Shawn has 6 cruises booked right now
- 02:38 – Carnival Fun Match – Status match for free cruises
- 06:18 – Types of Carnival offers & what to do if they don’t offer you a free cruise
- 08:39 – Carnival casino match on board experience – How it works
- 10:51 – Maximizing Carnival free cruise offers
- 11:16 – Carnival Pride mini review
- 16:42 – Ellie’s review of Carnival Pride from a kid’s perspective
- 18:40 – Maximizing gift cards, cashback offers & more
- 20:00 – Saving big on Royal Caribbean & being opportunistic
- 20:52 – Utilizing Royal Caribbean & MGM Rewards partnership
- 22:21 – Transferring a cruise to a travel agent for free
- 23:28 – Royal Caribbean’s RoyalUp. Amazing upgrade opportunities
- 27:04 – Cruise line past guest offers are amazing right now
- 32:06 – How NCL is pricing their cruise deals
- 33:22 – Comparing Carnival, Royal Caribbean & NCL
- 34:43 – One last way to get casino offers on cruise ships
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.