Best of Miles to Memories 9/05/16/-9/11/16
Welcome to the weekly “Best of Miles to Memories” recap series. Here you will find links to all of the still relevant posts from the past week. This week we saw Wells Fargo get accused of opening millions of phony accounts, saw eBay cave to gift card pressure and learned about Amex clawing back points.
To make the posts in this recap easier to wade through, my “Editor’s Picks” in each section are in bold. If you have questions about anything you read feel free to contact me anytime. Enjoy!
In Credit Cards
- Caution: Why You Should Probably Be More Careful with Spending & Amex Bonuses (Clawbacks & Frozen Accounts)
- Wells Fargo: 2 Million Phony Accounts, $185M in Fines & 5,300 Employees Fired1
- Which Bank is America’s Favorite Credit Card Issuer? How Many People Have the Wrong Card? JD Power Reveals All
In Deals & Spending
- Dust off Your eBay Gift Cards: eBay Reverses New Rules Temporarily (Buy Gift Cards with Gift Cards!)
- Get 50% off Your Next 10 Rides with Uber & Android Pay
- Easy Money! $350 Checking Bonus with Minimal Requirements: Simply & Quick
- Was PayPal Digital Gifts Hacked?!? Is It Safe to Buy Gift Cards From Them?
In Travel & More
- No More Camera, Dumping My Android & AT&T Access More to the Rescue!
- Avoid United’s Close-In Booking Fee: A Simple Trick to Save $75
- Hotel Internet Evolution & A Shocking Surprise in Atlantic City
- Amazon Prime Now Restaurants Food Delivery Review: Rough But Hopeful
- SPG Increased Bonus, PayPal Account Freeze, Reinstating IHG Free Night & More!
Have a great evening!