New IHG Business Card
IHG has been on the new often lately. First they announced a revamp of the IHG Rewards program. Then we learned that IHG credit cards will be refreshed and names will slightly change. We also have details about what will happen with the $49 card and a new family rule.
And now we also have all the information for a new IHG Premier Business Card. The new product will launch on March 24, on the same date when all other changes will take place. The card will have a $99 annual fee and all legacy business cards will be migrated to the new card. The new annual fee will not go into effect until 2023 for legacy IHG business cards.
Here are the details of the brand new Chase IHG Premier Business Card:
- Increased ways to earn points through purchases on the card:
- 10X points when staying with IHG® Hotels & Resorts
- 5X points on travel and at gas stations, dining/restaurants, social media and search engine advertising and at office supply stores
- 3X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic IHG® Rewards Platinum Elite status
- A simplified way to reach the next IHG® Rewards status level – Cardmembers will now earn IHG® Rewards Diamond Elite status after spending $40,000 on purchases and making one additional purchase each calendar year, instead of receiving Elite Qualifying Points (EQPs) on purchases made with the card.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points and $100 statement credit after spending $20,000 – Cardmembers will now earn both a 10,000 bonus points and a $100 statement credit after spending $20,000 on purchases and making one additional purchase each calendar year, starting in 2022.
- Anniversary Free Night – Cardmembers will now earn an Anniversary Free Night certificate on the account anniversary date each year. Anniversary Free Night will be redeemable at IHG® Hotels & Resorts with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less, and will have the ability to add points from an IHG® Rewards account to redeem the Anniversary Free Night at hotels above the 40,000 point level.
- Redeem 3 Nights, Get the 4th Night Free – When redeeming points for a consecutive three-night IHG® hotel stay, Cardmembers can now receive a fourth Reward Night free redeemable at that same hotel during that same stay.
- Additional Free Night after spending $60,000 each calendar year – After spending $60,000 on purchases and making one additional purchase each calendar year, Cardmembers will earn a Free Night with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less to use at IHG® Hotels & Resorts with the ability to add points from their IHG® Rewards account to redeem the Free Night at hotels above the 40,000 point level.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Fee Credit – The primary card holder will now receive a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Fee Credit of up to $100 every four years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to the Card.
- Up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash each calendar year – Cardmembers can use TravelBank Cash on United Airlines purchases after registering their IHG® Rewards Premier card with their United MileagePlus® account.
As mentioned above, the annual fee for the new IHG Premier Business Card will be $99.
The brand new IHG Premier Business Card is similar to the personal IHG Premier. The earning rates are the same, but the business card will also offer 5x on social media and search engine advertising and at office supply stores.
Those extra categories could be useful if you plan to spend your way to IHG Rewards Diamond Elite status which requires $40,000 in annual spending. You also earn 10,000 bonus points and $100 statement credit after spending $20,000.
With this being a business card, thing also get more interesting when it comes to the Chase 5/24 rule. Most banks, including Chase, do not report small business credit cards on personal credit reports (although they are subject to 5/24 when you apply).
Excited for this new card? Let us know!