North America Airport Satisfaction Study, Check Out the Winners
J.D. Power has released its 2021 North America Airport Satisfaction Study. The survey measures passengers’ satisfaction with their airport experience among Mega-, Large-, and Medium-size airports in North America.
Passenger satisfaction reached a record high in the early part of the year (July 2020 to January 2021). But , as more people started flying airports have struggled and we see a decline lately.
J.D. Power looked at 13,000 survey responses from U.S. and Canadian travelers from August 2020 through July 2021. The rankings are based on six key factors of passenger satisfaction, including terminal facilities; airport arrival/departure; baggage claim; security check; check-in/baggage check; and food, beverage and retail. Medium airports (4.5 to 9.9 million passengers per year) were not eligible for 2021 due to reduced passenger volumes.
Best Airports for Traveler Satisfaction
- Miami International Airport – 828 points on J.D. Power’s 1,000-point scale
- John F Kennedy International Airport – 817 points
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport – 815 points
- Orlando International Airport – 812 points
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport – 798 points (1st place in 2020)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport – 844 points
- Tampa International Airport – 843 points
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport – 841 points
- Dallas Love Field Airport – 829 points
- Salt Lake City International Airport – 826 points
Source: Travel Pulse