Random Hilton Free Nights Posting After Downgrades
I now have a few reports of people being issued random Hilton free night certificates today. They all seem to revolve around someone that downgraded from an Aspire card to a Surpass card last year. They already received their free night certificate for the $15K in spend on the card so it isn’t from that. Here are the data points:
- Facebook Group member Andrew
- Downgraded from Aspire to Surpass in June
- Annual fee / anniversary date is in June
- Free night cert sent to him today
- My buddy Kevin
- Downgraded from Aspire to Surpass in May
- Annual fee / anniversary date is in April
- Free night sent to him today
I am not sure why this would happen. It does seem like Amex has some IT issues going on right now. I have a post about Dell credit issues happening right now as well upcoming. It is likely this certificate gets pulled back once they figure out what is going on. But only time will tell how it will play out.
If you have had any random Hilton free nights posting after downgrades today share your details in the comments below.