Shop Small Amex Offer is Back, Save Up to $50
American Express has announced the return for the Shop Small offers as a way to help jumpstart spending at small businesses. American Express is calling on the collective action of its Card Members and committing more than $200 million across 6 international markets over the next three months to help small businesses. Let’s look at the details.
Today 9/20/20 is the final day to use your credits.
In the U.S., the Shop Small offer is spend $10+ in a single transaction at an eligible small merchant and get $5 back, in the form of a statement credit, up to 10 times. See offer here.
Card Members must enroll in the offer by logging into their American Express account and adding the Shop Small offer under “Amex Offers” or by clicking the offer tab on the Amex mobile app.
Once enrolled, you can use that same enrolled Card until September 20 to make a purchase of at least $10 (after taxes) in a single transaction at eligible small merchants both in-store and online. The offer can be redeemed up to 10 times total, which means that you can earn up to $50 back in statement credits. Card Members must enroll by July 26. For complete eligibility details please visit: ShopSmall.com.
What Cards are Eligible:
- In the U.S., American Express Consumer, Business Cards, and registered American Express Serve and Bluebird Cards are eligible. Other American Express Prepaid Cards, American Express Corporate Cards and American Express Cards issued outside the United States are not eligible. Markets outside of the U.S. may be promoting their own Shop Small offer locally.
- The offer is limited to 1 enrolled Card per Card Member. After you enroll an eligible Card, you will not be able to enroll a second eligible Card that you may have, and you cannot change which Card is enrolled.
How To Find Businesses Eligible for The Offer
- To search for American Express card-accepting businesses eligible for the offer, Card Members can visit the Shop Small Map or the Online Directory.
- The Shop Small Map displays qualifying American Express Card accepting businesses with a physical business location. The Online Directory within the Shop Small Map lists qualifying businesses that accept online transactions.
- To qualify for the offer, in the U.S., a small business must have at least one physical or online business location and no more than 25. Small businesses that violate rules, laws or regulations or are inconsistent with the values of American Express or the Shop Small Movement will be ineligible.
- American Express accepting Merchants that are Shop Small eligible are automatically included in the offer.
These initiative represent the latest promotion as part of American Express’ ongoing commitment to small business, since it launched Small Business Saturday in 2010 as a result of the economic downturn. Find the offer in the Amex Offers section and add it to your cards now. You can then use it to spend $10 and you will receive $5 back every time, up to 10 times.
It’s great to see this offer back. It helps out businesses and also gives cardholders up to $50 in savings.