Starbucks Program Changes
The new year will bring bad news for Starbucks Rewards members. The company is making changes to its rewards program, requiring members to spend more in order to get freebies.
Starting February 13 members will need to use more stars for their favorite items. That includes 100 stars for a cup of hot or iced coffee or tea, a baked good, a packaged snack or a to-go cup. Members will need to use 200 stars to get a latte or Frappuccino or a hot breakfast item, and 300 for a salad, lunch sandwich, protein box or packaged coffee.
With the current redemption rates you can use 50 stars to get a hot tea, coffee or bakery item, 150 for a latte, hot breakfast item or parfait and 200 for a salad, lunch sandwich or protein box.
Starbucks Rewards members earn stars when they make purchases. If you use a Starbucks Card, you get two stars per dollar spent. For credit card or other payment methods, members earn only one star per dollar.
The Star redemption tiers for redeeming Stars at participating Starbucks stores in the United States will be as follows:
- 25 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) of the following beverage modifiers:
- an added espresso shot, added syrup or sauce (such as caramel syrup), or a dairy alternative option (such as soy milk, almondmilk, or coconutmilk), valued up to $1 (one) U.S. Dollar. The beverage modifiers in this redemption tier are only available as a customization to your base beverage order and cannot be redeemed as a standalone beverage.
- 100 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) of the following items:
- hot brewed coffee or hot steeped tea, iced brewed coffee or iced brewed tea, OR a bakery item (such as a cake pop or cookie), OR a packaged snack (such as popcorn or potato chips) OR one (1) Cold Siren Logo Plastic To-Go Cup (24 oz only) or one (1) Siren Logo Plastic Hot Cup (16 oz only). Clover brewed coffee, Starbucks Reserve coffee, packaged lunch items, and all other reusable cups and tumblers are excluded from this redemption tier. All bakery items include a maximum of two (2) spreads (such as, for example, two cream cheese or butter packets). Brewed tea includes a maximum of four (4) tea bags.
- 200 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) of the following items:
- any handcrafted beverage (such as a latte or Frappuccino® blended beverage) OR any hot breakfast item (such as a breakfast sandwich or oatmeal). All beverages must be standard menu-sized items. All hot breakfast items include a maximum of two (2) toppings.
- 300 Stars may be redeemed for:
- one (1) packaged salad or lunch sandwich OR one (1) packaged protein box, OR one (1) packaged coffee item (such as whole bean coffee). Packaged coffee availability may vary by store location.
- 400 Stars may be redeemed for:
- a select merchandise item with a value up to $20 (twenty) U.S. Dollars (pre-tax). Merchandise availability may vary by store location.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.