UPDATE: Danny posted this offer from United earlier, but other, better offers have surfaced. I received an offer with the same terms as the original for up to 59,000 Bonus award miles after spending $2,000 on flights. It’s a tiered offer where you get 24,500 bonus miles for the first $1,000 in spend and an additional 34,500 miles when you spend $2,000 on flights. Let us know in the comments what your offer was.
Spend $1,000 on United Flights, Get 18K Bonus Miles
United MileagePlus program has a targeted promotion that can earn you extra miles for paid United flights. There’s different offers available, so you need to promo page for your targeted offer.
There’s different offers showing up for different people and there’s even some MileagePlus accounts that don’t get an offer at all. You can check here by entering your MileagePlus number. These are the offers that I saw so far:
- Spend $1,000, earn 18,000 bonus award miles
- Spend $500, earn 8,000 bonus award miles
- Spend $800, earn 8,000 bonus award miles
- Only dollars spent on the “fare” on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones.
- The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges.
- For this promotion, rewards will be awarded for each spending threshold that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions.
- Threshold bonuses may be earned only once.
- Registration is required by November 1, 2017. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after September 14, 2017, and completed on or before November 15, 2017.
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Bonus will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion end on November 15, 2017.
- Bonus award miles are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status.
- Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status.
This will work best for those who are planning any paid flights on United, and it might even make sense to switch a flight to United if you get a good enough bonus offer. Just keep in mind that tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
Let me know if you see any better offers.