Walt Disney World Reopening Details – What You Need to Know
Back in late April, Shawn described how different Walt Disney World could feel whenever it planned to reopen. Indeed, Walt Disney World has announced details for reopening, and the changes are significant! As COVID-19 continues to be a focus of our everyday lives, Disney World has laid out their primary changes leading up to their upcoming reopening. Let’s take a look!
Disney World Reopening Dates
- July 11, 2020: Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom reopen.
- July 15, 2020: EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopen.
Disney World Tickets and Passes
- Disney World has temporarily paused all new ticket and annual pass sales.
- Current Annual Passholders may still renew their passes.
- Current ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests before new tickets and annual passes are sold.
- By June 28th, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages, theme park tickets, and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as part of the phased reopening.
- Guests will be able to view park availability online prior to ticket purchase.
- Park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability, which can change until the reservation is finalized.
Disney World Reservation System
- When the parks reopen, park attendance will be managed through the Disney Park Pass system, which guests will use to make theme park reservations.
- Each person age 3 and up must have a park reservation and a valid admission for the same park on the same date (limit one park per day). No park hopping for now!
- Guests must make all park reservations in advance.
- Beginning June 22nd, Disney Resort and other select hotel guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
- Starting June 26th, Annual Passholders without a resort stay can make reservations.
- Beginning June 28th, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
What You Need to Enter
- Your theme park reservation (made via the Disney Park Pass system) and your valid park admission for the same park on the same day.
- Face Covering for each guest age 2 and up. Everyone must wear a face covering in all public areas, except while eating.
- It’s highly recommended to have the latest version of the My Disney Experience App on your mobile device and a cashless/contactless form of payment (credit card, Magic Band, etc) for convenient use within the park.
What About Fast Pass+?
- As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be temporarily suspended as Disney World plans to use additional queue space to manage capacity at attractions and maintain social distancing.
- Disney World is automatically canceling all existing FastPass+ selections.
- Disney World is temporarily suspending Extra Magic Hours.
Those are the primary details for Walt Disney World’s reopening in July. These are substantial changes to normal procedures, and rightly so! Regardless, I’m excited that Disney World is taking the above and other measures to ensure a safe and successful reopening. I’m also glad to see the dates and details for 2021 reservations with a bit more clarity. Do you have any plans to visit Disney World soon? What precautions are you taking?