Air Canada to Offer Pre-Travel Testing Through Shoppers Drug Mart
As many countries around the world have introduced Covid-19 testing requirements, Air Canada is making it easier for passengers to comply. This if for now available to Canadians only. Of the 67 countries that are currently open to them, 40 of them require a recent negative PCR test result to avoid quarantine.
Starting December 7th, private COVID-19 testing will be available at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia for asymptomatic individuals who require a negative COVID-19 test within 24-48 hours in preparation for an upcoming international flight. Hawaii is one of the destination that will allow these test as proof to avoid quarantine as well, now that it has reopened with limitations.
You can see more details here and also sign up to get notified when it becomes available. Pricing has not been revealed yet. All appointment bookings and payment will be accepted through the accredited testing lab’s online portal.
In order to be tested you must:
- Have an upcoming flight and can provide flight details as confirmation
- Be asymptomatic (you have no symptoms of COVID-19)*
- Have not been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days**
- Have not travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Have not been advised to get tested for COVID-19 by your local public health unit due to exposure to a confirmed case or as part of an outbreak investigation
- Have not been advised to get tested for COVID-19 through an exposure notification through the COVID-19 app
- Have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days