Sign Up for American Airlines AAdvantage to Earn 5000 Bonus Miles
If you often stay in hotels or fly frequently, or even occasionally, then it’s always a good idea to sign up for loyalty programs. Members can sometimes get some extra benefits, and you can earn some points for the money you spend.
The best time to sign up for these programs is when they run some kind of promotion, offering free miles or points. American Airlines currently has such an offer. Frequent Miler wrote about an offer that shows up after joining AAdvantage, which can get you 5,000 bonus miles. Let’s see the details.
Earn up to 5,000 bonus miles:
- Register within 30 days of enrolling and before booking your flights. Then, book and fly 2 eligible flights to earn 2,000 miles
- Earn miles with 2 of the eligible partners listed below to earn 2,000 bonus miles. Eligible partners:
- AAdvantage eShopping
- AAdvantage DIning
- Avis Budget Group
- Complete both of the above and earn 1,000 more bonus miles for a total of 5,000 bonus miles.
This offer shows up under the Promotions tab after you register for a new account.
- This exclusive offer is only for members who receive an email directly from American Airlines
- You must register within 30 days of enrolling in the AAdvantage® program and before creating a flight reservation and / or completing partner transactions in order for your activity to count toward this promotion
- Eligible flights must be flown, and partner activity must be completed within 3 months of registration in order to count toward this promotion
- Offer only applies to eligible flights marketed by American and operated by American, American Eagle®, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, JetBlue, Finnair, Japan Airlines or Qantas
- Flights marketed and / or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible
- Flights that don’t earn AAdvantage® miles won’t count
- Airline partners are excluded from the partner requirements of this promotion
- Miles earned with American Airlines AAdvantage® credit cards, Buy Gift Transfer, Boost & Renew or miles earned from customer service bonuses, won’t count toward this promotion
If you do not have an American Airlines AAdvantage account yet, then this is a good time to sign up and register for this promotion. However, to earn the full bonus of 5,000 miles, you need to book and fly two eligible flights within three months. Without flying, you can only earn 2,000 bonus miles.