American Airlines Panama Business Class Deal
A few years ago I had a great time flying a pair of really cheap Business Class mileage runs on American Airlines to Panama City. While it gave me an opportunity to see the Panama Canal, it also gave me a chance to sneak off to Cuba for a little side adventure as well. The good old days of travel.
Inspired by that trip I recently started poking around at Business Class fares to Panama and found an amazing deal out of Los Angeles. While some cities have $800 roundtrip business class to Panama on AA, LAX is the killer deal. I am seeing as low as:
- LAX-PTY $553 roundtrip (Sometimes Amex Travel prices for slightly less but it is often including economy legs. Be careful.)
- LAX-PTY $244 one-way
Fly An International Business Class Seat
One of the cooler aspects of this fare deal is that many of the itinerary options route you LAX-MIA-PTY. American Airlines is switching over LAX-MIA to exclusively 777 (both 777-200 and 777-300ER) aircraft meaning that pretty much every itinerary with that leg option will be in international business class. American Airlines has excellent Business Class seats in their 777 aircraft. A big step up from normal Domestic First Class.
Need to Know
- I found a ton of dates available through the end of May with stays as little as 2 days.
- This ticket books into the I fare code. To find out what mileage you’ll earn I recommend using Where to Credit.
- The price is widely available and you should also be able to book through Chase, Amex and Citi.
- Some of the flights from MIA-PTY are on A321 aircraft while others are on 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
- Many of the return legs seem to have overnight layovers in MIA.
- Sometimes OTAs will sneak you into economy for one leg so make sure to limit your search to the correct cabin.
- You are required to have a negative PCR test within 48 hours before travel or you can take one when landing for $50 USD. You can find the full Panama COVID entry requirements here.
I’ll add more cities or info as I find it. Let me know what you find/book!